“For behold, I bring unto to you tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people”
“Not in a holiday mood yet? Don’t be a cotton-headed ninny-muggins”
“Hallelujah! Holy sh*t! Where’s the Tylenol…”
-C. W. Griswold
The Holidays will be upon us faster’n you can say Cousin Eddie’s Bathrobe, and there’s just a ton of stuff cookin’. Strap on your Ugly Christmas sweaters, cuz we jumpin’ in.
1) I gotta have that BAAAHHHHBELLLL!!!
As mentioned a little over a week ago, we are rolling up on our next challenge. And it’s a whopper. Crazy….Like Christopher-Walken-in-a-Japanese-prison-camp-hiding-watches-in-bad-places-crazy. Here are some more details and next steps…
* The challenge will run from Friday, November 23rd to Friday January 18th
* Each participant will select one of six options to choose from (in 3 categories)
A. Max Double Unders in 3 Minutes
B. 2k Row
A. Back Squat
B. Strict Press
A. “Christine” (3 Rounds – 500m Row, 12 Bodyweight Deadlifts, 21 Box Jumps (20”)
B. “Jack” (AMRAP 20 – 10 Push Press 115/85, 10 KB Swings 1.5/1.0, 10 Box Jumps 24/20)
Regarding your selection….the absolute goal here is to pick a WEAKNESS!! Something you want to improve upon…your wind, your strength, or overall WOD performance. Put another way, look at what you LEAST want to do…and do that. You coaches will help you decide.
* Testing will take place on Friday, November 23rd (BLACK FRIDAY). There will be NO REGULAR CLASSES that day…we will strictly be testing for the challenge.
* RE-testing will take place on Friday, January 18th. You will be scored on your IMPROVEMENT over baseline (starting body weight will be considered for strength). And it should go without saying…no sandbagging on Black Friday!! All-out effort is expected, and you coaches will help you determine appropriate effort and baseline movement.
* Standards will be released, so there will be little question around things like squat depth, KB swings, Box Jumps, etc
* Each category will have a CFK Coach assigned to it, to assist you with your progress. Your coach will provide two days of additional programming/suggestions per week for you to work on your goal.
* Then we hit January 18th…and you smash the hell out of your baseline.
* The winners of each category will be the ones who scored the best improvement over their baseline.
…oh yeah, and each of the 6 winners will be entered into a drawing. And the winner of that drawing will receive their own brand new customized ROGUE FREAKIN ZEUS BARBELL.
LET’S. EFFING. GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
To sign up, go to this link and put your name in your desired category:
Again, your coaches are here to help you decide the best category for you.
Let’s get uncomfortable. Let’s do some work. And let’s win that sexy, glorious, tell-your-grandchildren-about-your-epic-achievement-level barbell.
2) CFK Christmas Competition and Holiday Party
The annual in-house comp is coming up as well! This is for EVERYONE!!! Don’t care if you’ve been doing this for a week or two…it’s for fun 🙂
Here are the details:
* Saturday, 12/1 from 8AM to Noon will be the comp
* Teams of two (same gender or mixed, doesn’t matter), Rx and Scaled divisions
* Three workouts
* Bring some food to fuel, and wear your best Holiday costume/gear to work out in
* Awesome prizes will go to the top three teams in each division, as well as the Spirit of the Comp, The Laura Francoeur Memorial Screamer Award, and of course Best Costume
* Sign-up’s will be on the whiteboard at the gym. Please get your teams up there by 11/23 latest. And if you don’t have a partner no worries! Get your name up there and you’ll be paired up
KB (1.5/1) (1/.75)
Wall Balls (20/14) (14/10) 10 foot for males, 9 foot for females
Thrusters (95/65) (75,45)
Deadlifts (135/95) (105/75)
Power or Hang Cleans (115/75) (85/45)
Snatch (95/65) (75/45)
S2O (115/75) (85/45)
Front Squats (115/75) (85/45)
AFTER the comp that day, after you shower and recover, we will reconvene for the CFK Xmas Party at 6:00PM that night! Food will be served, and feel free to bring a side or dessert to share, as well as your favorite Adult Medicine (egg nog? Christmas Tito’s?? Kwanza Michelob Ultra???). Bring a Yankee Swap gift as well….SOMEBODY needs to dethrone Kirkland for the best Swap gift…though that will be a tall order this year…bring you A-Game!!
We can’t wait to spend some time with our favorite peeps!
3) Facility Update
You may have noticed yesterday that construction began on the additional rig structure in the back corner. It’s almost complete (bear with us, targeting a Thursday completion), and looks awesome… thanks Mikey & Crew! This will better maximize our space for pull-ups, ring-rows, TTB, Bar MU’s, wall climbs, HSPU and wall balls. Phase two of this will focus on the front of the gym, where we will solidify the wall (no more holes and sheet rock crumbles) and add additional wall space for wall climbs and HSPU.
Two other projects in the queue, yet these are the most immediate. More to come next update…
4) KB Club & Founder’s Club
Below is the update on the KB Club & Founder’s Club numbers. For those new to the community, KB Club is awarded to those members who attend 15+ classes for 12 consecutive months. After which they can shoot for Founder’s Club, which is 20+ for another 12 consecutive months.
This month we have another KB Club honoree…………………Mike Barrell!!!
Handsome Mike has been with us for just over a year, and immediately took to CrossFit. Infinitely coachable and constantly positive, Mike has done nothing but progress as an athlete, and contribute positively to our family. Mike! You make it look TOO easy sometimes!! Thank you for bringing a constant solid vibe to the gym, for your work ethic, and your contribution to CFK. We truly love having you here!
Below is an updated list for both achievements….absolutely LOVE seeing the new faces here!!
Alllllllllrigggghhhhhtttttt…enough bathroom reading for the day. Let’s figure out your Challenge goal, get that Yankee Swap gift, and go forth and conquer….
Carmen (Founder’s Club)