Lots happening, kids! Let’s get to it…
1) The Second Annual CFK In-house Competition and Holiday Party – Back by popular demand, we’re gonna throw-down with each other for a little in-house competition! Last year’s team event was a huge hit, and people have been asking for it this year. Soooooo…here we go.
Mark your calendars for Saturday, December 10th. We will be having our competition in the morning and early afternoon, and then our Yankee Swap/Holiday Party at the gym later on that night. Slight difference with the comp set-up this year, so here’s what to expect:
* Same sex teams, Rx and Scaled divisions – people seemed to really enjoy the Team Series this year, so we’ll continue on that vibe with the throwdown. Teams will be either Rx or Scaled, vs. mixed like last year. You may choose your own partners. Sign-up’s will be on the whiteboard at the gym
* This is for EVERYONE – Last year was the first CrossFit competition for most of the participants, and there was plenty of anxiety of the “unknown”. That dissipated quickly once people saw Coach Jimmy working out in his Tutu. This is a FUN event, and we want to have as many teams as possible. So please sign up! Trust us…you’re in the trust tree…with the nest…and Jimmy’s Tutu. You will be glad you did this.
* Standards – Standards will be the same as for the Team Series:
KB (1.5/1) (1/.75)
Wall Balls (20/14) (14/10) 10 foot for males, 9 foot for females
Thrusters (95/65) (75,45)
Deadlifts (135/95) (105/75)
Power or Hang Cleans (115/75) (85/45)
S2O (115/75) (85/45)
Front Squats (115/75) (85/45)
* Workouts – We will be doing three workouts (to be announced shortly), plus a final. There will also be prizes for best workout outfits, spirit of the competition, and the First Annual Laura Francoeur Memorial Best Workout Screamer Award (sorry Laura, you’re not eligible)
* Party – for the party, please bring some food to eat, goodies to snack on, and booze to drink. We’ll also have a keg of Bud Light (for you non-drinkers), and a little Chipotle to feed your gains from the comp.
So sign up!
Do it. Do it….
2) Mobility Seminar – ALSO mark your calendars for Saturday, December 3, as we will be hosting our mobility seminar with our newest coach!
Dr. Eric L’italien PT, DPT, CSCS, CF-L1, along with his lovely wife Dr. Dara Casparian PT, DPT, will conduct the seminar from 8:30AM to 10:30AM, replacing normal classes for that day. Eric and Dara are both Crossfit athletes with more than 10 years of collective Crossfit experience.
This seminar will focus on anatomy and physiology of the upper quarter of the body, including the shoulder complex, cervical and thoracic spine pertaining to common injuries and limitations seen in CrossFit. Attendees of the seminar will learn how to address common limitations including joint mobility and/or stability. All attendees will leave with increased knowledge of how to address the upper quarter limitations to begin to correct movement faults and/or restrictions.
Mobility is something that we ALL need to get better at. We are all CrossFit athletes. CrossFit is a sport. Athletes who do sports get injured sometimes. Let’s get smarter about our joints and spine so we can stay as safe/healthy as possible while participating in a sport that we love.
This seminar is free for all CFK members.
3) Sweatshirts – the remaining sweatshirts are IN! Go see Erin and get yours if you’re waiting for one…
All for now, you hamburgers and cheeseburgers. See you at the gym,