Summer is rolling up quick! A few items to discuss…
* Sign ups for heats are on the big board at the gym, so get your names in this week
* Ice baths will be available, and we can always use more ice! So if you are looking to contribute to the effort, bring a couple of bags of ice with you on Monday
* Some weight vests will be available, but if you have one please bring it!
* Bring a few beers if you’re interested in toasting Murph and your CFK peeps after you’re done
* Laura and Doc have graciously offered their home for some post-Murph festivities! Things will get going after 1:00PM or so. Expect to see some hammering and nailing, some tight live music from Señor McGuirk, possibly some tasty Falcon beer, and free 30 minute therapy sessions with Greg on the couch in the garage (please no mommy/daddy issues…let’s keep it interesting and creative for Doc’s sake).
2) Kettlebell Class!
Jeff C (of 9:37AM class fame) will be teaching an awesome KB class at CFK on Saturday, June 10th! For those of you who don’t know Jeff, he is a CF Level 1 Coach, has held his CF KB Trainer certification for 5 years, and is a solid a guy as they come. This class will run from 9:00AM to 11:00AM on this day, and will replace all CFK classes that morning. What to expect:
* KB Oly
* Overhead work
* A great workout…
Come ready to move and to sweat! Any questions, please contact me, Erin or Mike.
3) The Third Annual CFK Tops-Ops Summer Throwdown at Casa de VanHaur sponsored by Beirut, Windsor Tree, Coach Jimmy’s pecs, Dave Castro’s beanie, The Moscow Mule, Advil, The Foo Fighters and the Duxbury Kiwanis Club
Kids…Peter is in the process of out-doing himself, as he of course does every single year. The live entertainment has been booked. As have most of the “staff”. Food will be served, the pool will be skimmed, the Jumpy will be pumped and the kegs will be tapped.
Saturday, July 8th – Rachel’s Ln Duxbury.
What we need from you
We are looking to get a ballpark headcount! So if you are IN, or even a maybe, please sign in at the designated spot on the CFK whiteboard. Apps, treats and booze are encouraged, so feel free to put down something you may be bringing (Killham we already know what you’re bringing).
Summer’s here! Gonna be a fun one….