Lots of good stuff to cover…let’s jump right in
1) We are excited to announce the newest coach to the CFK family, Dr. Eric L’Italien! Eric is a practicing physical therapist at Spaulding Rehab in Sandwich, MA, and a good friend of ours. You possibly have met him at open gym on Sundays, working out with his lovely wife Dr. Dara Casparian (aka D-Train, aka D-Money, aka the CrossFit Party nominee for the 2020 presidential election #dtrain2020). Eric is an outstanding CrossFitter, an even better person, and a phenomenal addition to our crew. He will begin coaching classes over the next month or so, so keep an eye out for him at the gym and say hello.
One of Eric’s specialties is mobility. Mobility is an incredibly essential component to CrossFit, and probably the most overlooked one (we are certainly guilty of not hammering it enough during class time). Now that we have Eric in-house, he and Dara will be teaming up to educate us on mobility, and how we can incorporate it into our training at CFK.
This will come in the form of a couple of different mediums, the first of which is a two-part seminar on mobility. This will be free for all CFK members, and will be offered in lieu of Saturday morning class time on two different dates (Yes…that’s how important this is! This will be our Saturday class schedule on two different occasions). Additional details will be coming this week or next, but mark your calendars for the first session, which will be on Saturday, December 3rd from 8:30 to 10:30 at CFK.
Thanks Eric! We’re extremely excited to have you with us…see you around the gym.
2) Open Gym – We do our best to listen to the pulse of gym and adapt accordingly. One trend we have seen since the summer ended is a lightly attended 8:30AM class during the week (“light” meaning 0-1-2 attendees consistently). Since this does not lend itself well to the typical CrossFit group-class dynamic, we will be making this time slot “Open Gym”. So, for Monday through Friday, will will have Open Gym at 8:30 and 10:30, and our regularly scheduled class at 9:30. This will be effective immediately. As always, if people vote with their feet and we need to go back to another regularly scheduled morning class, we certainly will!
3) Sweatshirts – Order number two has been placed, and we are awaiting the rush delivery from Strange Planet Printing. Thank you all for your patience! As soon as we get an update from them, we will communicate it to you all.
4) Bring-a-Friend Day – This Wednesday, November 9th, all regularly scheduled classes. Bring a friend who is interested in trying CrossFit!
5) CFK KettleBell Club – Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh kids. Oh kids. We’re getting close to having our first batch of CFK KB Club members!!!! For the new folks, CFK KettleBell Club is awarded to those members who attend classes 15 times or more every month for 12 months in a row. The winners receive their own personalized CFK kettle bell.
Great job everyone on the list!! You OG’s are getting close, and you newbies on the list, keep it up. Congrats to all of the first timer’s!!
All for now,