OK kids! The 2018 CrossFit Open is upon us…
If you haven’t signed up yet, do it now. Do it…do it!
For those new to The Open, here’s what it means:
1) CrossFit HQ announces a workout on Thursday night, 8PM EST for 5 weeks straight
2) We all have until the following Monday night at 8:00PM to complete the workout and submit our scores online or vie the downloadable app (the workouts will be Rx and Scaled)
3) CFK will have The Open workouts programmed as the WOD on every Friday for the duration of those 5 weeks. If you can’t do the workout on Friday, not a problem! We are happy to accommodate you doing the workout when you can before Monday 8:00PM
4) Remember that these workouts are judged, so be prepared to hit the movement standards, and to help your athletes do the same!
5) We will be doing a “Friday Night Lights” tomorrow 2/23, as well as Friday 3/23, at CFK. This will run from 5PM to 8PM, at which time we will have open heats…so there will be no official classes on these nights! Just heats running back to back to back of the Open WOD. Feel free to bring some cocktails to sip on after you crush your workout and cheer on your community!
So sign up, and enjoy the start of the CrossFit “season”!
Let me know if you have any questions,